About Me

My photo
Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
Braylin is... well, she's quite optimistic. Arabella... the quiet one, AKA, The Silent Assassin. Siren, the brutally honest one. Hero, the one with the swag. And we are here to say no book will be left un-BASHed!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Elsewhere

I love Elsewhere's complicated but easily followed plot. Liz Hall, the protagonist of the novel, discovers the afterlife in a way that most people don't think of when they picture 'Heaven'. She boards a cruise ship and meets another young girl named Thandi. They become friends as they navigate their way through their new, unfamiliar lives... err... deaths... in which they age backwards until they become babies once again. Although Elsewhere is enjoyable, Liz isn't quite satisfied with leaving her old life behind just yet. She does everything she can in order to hold onto her old life back on Earth. While in the midst of a dangerous - not to mention illegal - stunt, Liz meets her love interest, Owen. They eventually end up together and live happily until Liz is once again an infant. This book left me craving more. It had me hook-line-and-sinker right from the beginning. I felt that although I myself have obviously never been in Liz's position, I could relate to her feelings of being lonely and depressed. I NEVER cry at any sad movies or books... and I must admit that the ending of this book was a tear-jerker for me. I absolutely loved this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a love story with a new twist.

Grade: 50/50 Reviewed by HERO



No comments:

Post a Comment